This time we visited the Kaffka Margit Aftercare and Children’s Home Center on Acsády Ignác Street in Budapest. The building was constructed in 1918 by the National Child Protection League from the funds donated by baron Csetei Herczog Mór Lipót, and it initially served as the Erzsébet Home of War Orphan Girls. From then on, it functioned continuously as a youth home and then as children’s home, according to the memorial plaque exhibited in memory of Herczog Mór Lipót.
The institution requested our support in contributing to the development of IT equipment, which they say are lagging far behind. To expand their fleet, we handed over complete desktops and laptops during our visit.
The laptops will be distributed to those in aftercare through internal bidding. Especially among those who are studying in higher education and those who are participating in the ART-RAVALÓ project, which is a social-art project for young adults with disadvantaged background and former recipients of child protection services. And desktops contribute to the infrastructural development of the institutional study room, making it easier for children and young adults to participate in education and catch up.